Wednesday, April 26, 2006

 

Curves!

I have been going to Curves since last July...the end of July. I keep joining spas and gyms but then I don't go! I belong to Life Styles and Bally's. Both of those places are out of town...at least 25 minutes away. I felt like maybe I would do better with Curves because I live in a small town and Curves is about 4 blocks away. This Summer I plan to walk there. Also I keep a bag in the car with my things for Curves, so I am always ready....just jump into the car and go. The workouts are short...only 30 minutes and they are just as strenuous as you make them. I'm starting to meet a lot of girls there and I look forward to seeing them and they look forward to seeing me. Just the group talking during workouts is fun! Shortly after I joined we went on Vacation to Hawaii, so I didn't go to Curves for three weeks but I did walk a lot. Later in the Vacation Link I'll tell you about the walk to the Green Sand Beach....wow, what a walk, in more ways than one! Anyway I did start going yo Curves three times a week after we got back, until I hurt my knee. I was also having trouble with my heel...a bone spur....and got new orthodics. Then my right knee started hurting right out of the blue....one minute it was fine...the next minute I could barely put weight on it. So I didn't go to Curves for 4 weeks. Never was sure what was wrong with my knee: could have been a tendon injury, beginnings of arthritis, or maybe poor alienment before or after the orthodics. I did start taking a joint vitamin called "Move Free". Maybe that was what has helped it! Finally about November it started feeling better. Then I started over again and went pretty regularly. January, February, and March I went 3 days a week for all three months, maybe missing one or two times. I talked to a lady who went every weekday in March and she lost 5.75 lbs. and 11.50 inches. She said she was careful what she was eating but by no means dieting. So I decided my goal for April was to be to go every weekday during the month. The first week I did it no problem. Then the next week I got overly tired from some major cleaning, sore, and depressed and didn't go to Curves the whole week. Finally I got ahold of myself and got back on track. I am now going every weekday and last week, Lindystar, my chubby Sheltie dog and I started the Family Circle Slim Down for Summer Walking Plan. I think I can do this, but I will have to watch my knee and make sure I wear good tennis shoes and my orthodics. My Husband and I go together to Bally's Gym every Sunday too. I'll tell about that in another post!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?