Thursday, September 08, 2011

 

Two New Things I Want To Try



Chia Seeds and Cinnamon.
  Chia Seeds  Salvia Hispanics Organic

Organic Cinnamon Powder




 I have diabetes and high blood pressure.   Both of these items are felt to help control both of the health issues that I have.  Along with eating more healthy I plan to add both of these items to my food each day.  I plan to start with sprinkling them on my foods like you would pepper.  I am going to try 1 tablespoon of Chia Seeds (then build up to 37 grams) and 1/2 teaspoon of Cinnamon daily.
 I am also going to try to sprout the Chia Seeds so I can eat them as sprouts.


I tried to sprout these seeds in a sprouting jar but found they only turned into seeds in a jell solution...almost solid.  Then after searching the internet I found you need earthen ware....like a Chia Pet to sprout the seeds on........I have ordered one from eBay but since it wasn't here I tried paper towels and a tea towel....both worked.  This is 3 days growth.  Below in the glass is the jelled seeds.


this seed jell must be refrigerated.

I also fixed them in a jell and eat them mixed in other foods
.
If you would like to read about the value of Chia Seeds follow this http://www.drpasswater.com/nutrition_library/Scheer_Chia.html
And if you want to read about the value of Cinnamon follow this link
http://www.ehow.com/facts_5729298_much-should-diabetic-metabolize-sugar_.html

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?