Thursday, November 03, 2011

 

Diabetes and Actos

I found out that the medication Actos, that I take for Diabetes is suspected of causing Bladder Cancer.  I told my doctor...actually Nurse Praticitationer that I didn't want to take it any more.  I would continue with the Metformin in the morning and evening 2500mgs a day but no more Actos.  I want to try to control my Diabetes with diet and exercise until April. Then if I have problems controlling it, I will make an appointment in April to discuss what we need to do.   She said "Ok, but I want you to give me a log of your Blood Sugar readings for 2 or 3 times a day each month until April."  Then she asked me what my plans were and I said, I'm going to follow a book called, "The 30 Day Cure For Diabetes".  Judith Clark, the NPI rolled her eyes at me.
Lynn told me about a carb cleansing diet on line and I decided to follow it until my new book came.   http://5daypouchtest.com/plan/theplan.  Mike and I followed this plan for three days and then the book came and we started reading and following the book.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?